Crotty & Son Law Firm, PLLC is now Riverside NW Law Group, PLLC
The firm represents both individual workers and small companies in employment discrimination, retaliation, and other general matters. The firm is also willing and able to mediate disputes. The firm has successfully litigated complex class (and individual) actions regarding violations of the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA), collective and class actions involving violations of the Washington Minimum Wage Act (MWA), Washington Wage Rebate Act (WRA), and Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), as well as individual cases regarding the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), Privacy Act, Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), False Claims Act (FCA), Washington Law Against Discrimination (WLAD), Washington’s Public Record Act (PRA), Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), sexual harassment, gender discrimination, and retaliation cases under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and varied insurance coverage, banking, real property, civil rights, school district liability, and personal injury cases.
- Boyd v. Acro Inc., et. al., 2-21-00205-13 (Grant Co. Sup. Ct. 2023). Obtained $530,750 jury verdict on sexual harassment and hostile work environment case.
- O’Kell v. U.S. Department of Interior, 2:18-cv-279-SAB (E.D. Wn. 2022). Obtained $1,683,351 verdict following two week ADEA age discrimination and retaliation trial.
- Tsui v. Walmart, Inc., 20-cv-12309-MPK (D. Mass. 2021). Obtained $10,000,000 USERRA class action settlement and agreement from Walmart to pay up to 30 days of military leave annually.
- Huntsman v. Southwest Airlines, 3:17-cv-03972-JD (N.D. Cal. 2019). Obtained USERRA class action settlement valued at $5,800,000 in missed 401(k) contributions, $13,000,000 in unpaid sick leave, and finding from court that “Class Counsel has capably and effectively represented the Class Members’ interests.”
- Waite v. Gonzaga University, 2:17-cv-00416-SAB (E.D. Wn. 2019). Represented Gonzaga University in federal and state law discrimination, hostile work environment, and retaliation lawsuit that sought $5,000,000 in damages. Obtained complete defense verdict in case that received local media coverage.
- Hall v. L-3 Technologies, Inc., et. al., 2019 WL 3845460 (E.D. Wn. 2019). Obtained settlement valued at $2,000,000 in first known USERRA failure to hire discrimination class action lawsuit. New York Times coverage of the case is available here.
- Martin v. State of Washington, et. al., 14-2-00016-7 (Spokane Co. Superior Ct. 2017). Obtained settlement valued at nearly $15,000,000 in USERRA and 42 U.S.C. 1983 class action lawsuit regarding the Washington State Patrol’s decades’ long failure to provide Veteran Preference points in the hiring/promotional process.
- Allman v. American Airlines, Inc. Pilot Ret. Ben. Plan, et. al., 1:14-cv-10138-IT (D. Mass. 2017). Obtained $6,000,000 (+) settlement in USERRA pension benefit class action.
- Zhu v. North Central ESD 171, 2:15-cv-183-JLQ (E.D. Wn. 2016). Obtained $450,000 jury verdict in retaliatory failure to hire lawsuit and obtained summary judgment adjudication that the defendant violated Washington’s Public Record Act by wrongfully withholding documents.
- Hanson v. Kitsap County, 21 F.Supp.3d 1124 (W.D. Wn. 2014). Obtained jury verdict and $583,853 judgment which found that Kitsap County willfully violated the client’s rights under USERRA and obtained summary judgment adjudication, in favor of plaintiff, on a USERRA 38 U.S.C. § 4318 pension claim – – – the first known result regarding such a claim in the USERRA’s history.
- Tuten v. United Airlines, Inc., 41 F.Supp.3d 1003 (D. Colo. 2014). Co-lead counsel for plaintiff in federal USERRA class action resulting in $6.15 million settlement and with the Court stating in written opinion that “the Court is of the view that the results achieved for the Plaintiff class in this case were outstanding, worthy of being emulated by class representatives and counsel in other comparable litigation.”
- Anderson v. United States Air Force, 3:13-cv-00265-BLW (D. Idaho 2013). Represented parents of deceased U.S. Air Force enlisted person in Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) case. Obtained complete relief on client’s behalf. Information regarding the case is available here.
- Koch v. CHS, Inc., 2:12-cv-00463-CWD (D. Idaho 2013). Represented putative class in Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) collective action wage and hour case against national corporation. Case resolved shortly after plaintiff moved for collective class certification and summary judgment as to the employee’s FLSA claim.
- Jones v. Marriott Hotel Servs., Inc. 2013 WL 415605 (N.D. Cal Jan. 31, 2013). Represented United States Marine Corps reserve officer that Marriott failed to reemploy following employee’s return from military duty. The case resolved after the court denied both parties’ cross-motions for summary judgment.